Enjoy ten days on one of the most enchanting tours you'll ever take. You'll experience towering spires, thick stone walls and dramatic settings of castles that can only be found in Scotland. From magnificent city landmarks to mysterious ruins, Scotland is bursting with over two thousand fascinating castles to visit.
The Castles of Scotland
Unlike palaces, which were built for enjoyment, Scotland's castles were built for strength and protection. Their main purpose was to withhold enemy attacks and keep their occupants safe, each castle has seen plenty of dramatic stories unfold over the centuries!
You will get to explore several of the great Scottish castles that everyone wants to visit, find your own hidden gem amongst Scotland's quirkier castles or head to the Highlands to explore a majestic historic fortification, set amongst landscapes that will take your breath away.
Itinerary and Details
Depart your home city for an 8-night stay in a beautiful first class hotel in Glasgow, Scotland. Suggested flights are on KLM via Amsterdam. Overnight flight, coach, Premium Economy and Business Class are available. Best schedules will be Delta/KLM partner flights.
We have traveled and experienced Scotland before, giving us an insider view of the perfect trip to a rich and noble land.
Highlights of the Tours:
- A panoramic tour of Glasgow including Royal Concert Hall, St. Andrew’s Church, Stirling’s Library and City Hall.
- An interior visit to Pollock House, a grand country estate, home to the Maxwell family.
- A full day of castles, gardens, breathtaking scenery in Trossach National Park, visits to Doune Castle and Drummond Castle.
- Visit to a world-class distillery for a wee dram.
- Exploring at Fort William from Outlander fame, traveling by rail on the Jacobite Steam Train with a crème tea before setting sail on a ferry to the Isle of Skye.
- To see the Inverness-shire of Outlander fame
- A tour the Culloden Battlefield, site of the Jacobite Battle with Bonnie Prince Charles in the 1740’s.
- To visit Cawdor Castle and Gardens, with a tour by the Head Gardener
- To have an opportunity to search for “Nessie” while cruising Loch Ness and a view of the famed Urquhart Castle.
- To visit Edinburgh Castle, still a working military fortress today. Along the way on the Royal Mile see Holyrood Palace, home of Princess Anne St. Giles Cathedral, Old
- Parliament Hall, Gladstone’s Land and the National Museum.
- A visit to the Royal Yacht Britannia.
A fully packed Scotland trip with castles, landscapes, history, culture, food and shopping, this trip will be one not to miss.
Pricing and Deposit
Cost if under deposit by October 14, 2016: $4595.00 per person sharing, single $1150.00 additional.
Deposit $250.00 per person, balance due May 10, 2017. Credit card fee 4 percent additional.
Deposits Made after October 14, 2016: $4795.00 per person sharing.
- Eight nights first class hotel
- Breakfast daily
- Six dinners
- Two lunches
- Two afternoon teas Private driver and guide throughout, with local specialty guides
- Admissions as detailed in the itinerary
- Porterage for one medium suitcase per traveler
- All gratuities for drivers, guides, escorts, housekeepers, and servers.
- All tax and service fees for included service.
Not Included: Round-trip air travel, seat assignment fees, passport fees, excess baggage fees and items of a personal nature, wi-fi access and international calling plans.
Fully escorted by Carol Lehman of Destinations Unlimited.
Make payments by credit card or check to: Destinations Unlimited, 1989 Santa Rita Road, Ste. C, Pleasanton, CA 94566
Tel. (925) 462-0402
Email Michele for Details